[NetEpic ML] Re: question

From: Peter Ramos <pramos_at_...>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 1999 14:33:07 +0000

Hi!

stefano andreoni wrote:

> Broken units.
>
> A morale check is required before close combat by broke units?

Only when engaged in close combat, otherwise no check.

> I didn't find this rule in the core rules, but in some army list (tyranids)
> the examples stated that this is required (see dominatrix etc.)
> If this is true, what happen if the test is failed?
> Destruction?

Yes. A brken unit that fails the second check is routed and destroyed.

> The same happen for failed terror test?

Yes, If the unit is broken.

Note there are many sneaky ways to accomplish this in netepic without "breaking"
the unit. Chaos can do it easiest using vhaos cards and charging greater demons.
If you hit hte same unit and it fails once it is open for a second test via
terror or more chaos cards.

Tyranids can do it too by charging the same unit with Hive tyrants and such that
cause terror. Once the first check is failed you can charge it with an ordinary
unit and it must check for being broken and engaged in close combat, perhaps
routing it.

Peter