[NetEpic ML] Re: Heresy stuff and stuff (Ohh, and some stuff too)

From: Peter Ramos <pramos_at_...>
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 1999 11:22:07 +0000

Hi!

Weasel Fierce wrote:

> Hi everybody....i got some stuff concerning heresy....
>
> The description of frenzied assault in the ork list refers to marines???
> This ought to be corrected.

Heheh, copy paste anyone??

> The ork land raider still have 2 heavy bolters�..

Shall be corrected.

> The rules for madboyz should be placed under special units rather than under
> line units since they are special units.

Hmm.. Okay will do.

> Why do marine rocket launches, thudd guns and mole mortars have firepower
> dice when the melta-bombs, AA-guns and all ork artillery stuff have a number
> of barrage points here? I thought that all artillery weapons had a firepower
> of 1?

This is a mistake I used two different formats. Will make them uniform.

> Why are ork battlewagons light units?? They surely seem as an armoured unit
> if ya look at the old model. I presume that you are thinking of the old 40K
> model?

If you look at the old model its an open top vehicle, by definition a light type
vehicle, fast and exposed.

> The point difference between the two battle fortresses are quite small
> considering that you get 3 extra battlecannon, transport capacity and
> increased assault.

Its a 70 point difference as points go in Heresy thats a substancial difference.

> How big are the flame and artillery templates?

This we will discuss in depth later. I was thinking of using the standard 6cm
template for open sheaf barrages and a larger 10cm template for converging
barrages.

> When do you do any psychic cards and wargear cards? (Good idea with wargear
> by the way. Psychic cards on the other hand might go a bit too much into
> detail. Allowing the tremendous bonusses in assaults and perhaps a generic
> psychic attack might be enough??)

This will be done last. Don't worry about the psychic cards they will be as
simple as the wargear cards. Of course we'll share in the creating of them.

> Why not put the assault phase AFTER the advance fire phase. Otherwise
> consider tyranids. They would charge in, slaughter their enemy and get blown
> away right after�with the high lethality of most weapons this makes assault
> troops very vulnerable and rather useless.

We will be adding Ken's suggestion of fighting multiple combat turns of close
combat until all units are dead or have fled. Thisa makes it unnecessary to
place it last. Plus the tyranids will get some skills that will greatly enhace
their survivability after close combat.

> I would prefer if the ork weapons had more orky names. I have made a list of
> interesitng orky weapon names for you to use and abuse. Of course it might
> just cause too much confusion but at least consider it. I have always hated
> the idea of orks using imperial bolters.

Cool beans! I will use them.

> The list: shooter, slugga, big shoota, slug chukka, blasta, rippa, �uge
> shoota, kannon, dakka, gunz, big gunz, �eavy gunz, zap gun.
>
> Shouldn�t terminators be tank killers? They walk around with power fists and
> chainfist�that makes for very good anti-tank potential.

Good point, will add.

> I have an idea called �advantage�. To represent that war is almost never
> fought on equal terms let both players roll 1d10. The one getting the LOWEST
> roll can multiply the roll by 2-5 (Dont know exactly) and get that many
> percent extra points to buy his army for. How ya like that? (This is not
> intended strictly for Heresy rule but rather an optional add-on for any
> point-based wargame)

Nice optional rule.

> Remember to update the point cost formula with the new ork stuff and
> whatever wicked marine stuff I write and you accept.

Thats fine.

> The IG stuff looks fine so far�.but shouldn't super heavy tanks be immune to
> suppression? Otherwise the poor super heavies will never get to move.
> Actually all units with a damage rating bigger than 1 should be immune to
> supression except by units with a similar or higher damage rating.

Another stupid omission on my part. Heavy tanks and knights are immune to
suppression.

> After talking to a few of my friends who are soldiers and after playtesting
> Heresy i strongly suggest that the "anti-armor fire" rule I suggested a
> while ago is used. The rule state that a unit armed purely with
> anti-infantry weapons may fire as an all-purpose weapon but at -2 to hit and
> only at short range.

This is fine, although I'd add a penetration penalty rather than a to hit
penalty. Such as limited to one penetration die at -2 (cannot affect armors of 9
and 10).

> Anyway, attached to this mail is a bunch of files i've been writing on.
>
> It contains the stuff for the variant space marines (dark angels, blood
> angels, white scars, imperial fists and space wolves) the first chaos army
> list (chaos marines) and the Spec Op's codex which cntains rare and variant
> units. it is in no way complete but I just wanted to send a bit so you can
> see how I intend to do it.

Very cool stuff after a quick glance you have done a great job!! Looking forward
to seeing the demonic stuff!

Well now its off to correct and update the rules.

Peter