[NetEpic ML] Re: More Heresy

From: Kelvin <kx.henderson_at_...>
Date: Wed, 03 Nov 1999 09:05:20 +1100

This is the last I will say on this subject to avoid taking up valuable
electrons. Its a trivial subject I just feel the need to make comment on.
My apologies to those of you who are sick of hearing about it.

>I like the new orky names. And i dont think it makes the orks stupid, they
>are jsut a bit shortminded and dont ponder why their weapon shoot or what
>kind of technical things make it do so, it shoots and thats enough.

Granted, I can accept this, but the names still sound stupid. "Slugga",
"Shoota"!?! Sounds perverted if you ask me. And it really doesn't fit
with the original background of the Orks which is what the AT and SM/TL
Orks were based on anyways.

Orks had very few original ideas when it came to weapons. A
genetically-bred warrior race made to serve the "BrainBoyz" (the Snotlings,
long story), they were designed to use whatever tech they came across for
use in battle, but with the ability to try and improve them as well as some
unique weapon designs being included in the MekBoy genetic memory. As a
result, they copied most of their weapons from the other races of the
galaxy. Orks have most contact with Humans, so the main weapons they
copied came from Humans. As they copied the weapons, so they bastardised
the names the Humans use for them.

So THAT'S why I don't like the newer names for them. I think they sound
stupid and for me it just doesn't fit with the "Orky 'istree". 'Nuff sed.

-Kelvin....

         "Of course I'm paranoid!
       Everyone's trying to kill me."