[NetEpic ML] Re: tyranids army

From: <philstevens_at_...>
Date: Tue, 09 Nov 1999 12:07:05 -0800

wilding k <kwild-_at_...> wrote:
original article:http://www.egroups.com/group/netepic/?start=704
> > I just finished my fourth army (chaos) and I would like to collect
tyranids
> > in the near future, hoping to find them via mail order. I never
heard
> > someone speaking about them so I would like to know if some in the
net play
> > them and can give me some hints if this will be a good choice for a
new
> > army.
>
> Stef - ahh, you've finished with the soft flesh kindergarten armies
and
> decided to move on to a REAL army? *grin*
>
> They're probably the most exotic of the armies, especially as they
don't
> hold objectives, and are great to paint (an excuse to use the pink and
> turquoises that just doesn't look right on a commisar).
>
> Even if you lose a battle, you'll have a laugh watching your opponent
> breaking out in a cold sweat as the mycetic spores start dropping, the
> heiorphant just came back from the dead AGAIN and the first of your
> genestealers have reached his/her lines.
>
> On the face of it, there don't seem to be many tactics involved, but
> there are plenty of subtleties.
>
> AND NetEpic has retained the full range of 'vehicles' and not lumped
> them together as 'assault spawn'.
>
> Yes, I'd recommend 'bugs'.
>
> Anyone out there pitted biotitans against Imperators? I've never had
the
> chance so far. Oh, and anyone on the list from Essex, UK?
>
> Karl

Hi there,

Well, not quite Essex, but North London. I've just started
re-collecting Epic again after several years with other wargames. You
wouldn't happen to know of anyone looking to offload any Imperial Guard
troops. It seems that getting hold of 2 edition Epic stuff is pretty
difficult in the UK. Get in contact should you fancy a game....

Phil