[NetEpic ML] Re: Close Combat Question

From: Peter Ramos <pramos_at_...>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 1999 18:25:46 +0000

Hi!

<groan> pinning questions and how to resolve close combat involving special
figs like medics are always a pain. I recommend the following solutions:

1. According to the original epic rules the player with numeric superiority
gets to resolve the combat how he sees fit. Meaning the marine player can
elect that the medic combat be held last. This is by far the best solution
since it doen't need player consensus. You either have the most or you dont.

2. Resolve close combat in any manner, but always apply the medics bonus
since close combat is simultaneous. Logical, but always argued over.

3. Alsways resolve combat involving special models last. Least defensable.

Take from me whose been around the epic block more than once. the first is
by far the way to go, since as I said no one can argue much after the count
is made, this also makes it in the players interest ot feed more units into
combat if special figs are involved.

As for the damage after firing. It is immediate and results are applied the
nand there, meaning that a unit that has been hit and destroyed gets no
chance to retailiate.

As far as time scale...well.. you may have opened an interesting venue of
discussion, GW games are notorious for having NO SCALE period, no time, no
ground and no model to actual troop ratio. GW unfortunately is not known for
its inventiveness in this arena. Then again the question would be what
SHOULD the scale be. It will be interesting to see the responses.

As for army size and moving last an optional rule that the winner gets to
move ONE unit las regardless of army size has been thrown around and
probably accepted by most. I suggest you use it since it makes winning
initiative worth some thing from that perspective.

By the way feel free to ask as many questions as possible since this is the
way netepic grows and gets better.

Peter