[NetEpic ML] Re: 4.0 revision suggestions

From: Wilding K <kwildi_at_...>
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 1999 14:19:56 +0000

Weasel Fierce wrote:

> > > Tank bolters:
> > > The bolters of tanks are EXTREMELY poor. While they should not be
> >comparable
> > > to infantry bolters (for the reasons mentioned in Incoming 1) they
> >should
> > > still be a weapon, not just some add-on with no realistic effect unless
> >you
> > > got 10 of the damn things.
> > > It is worth remembering that these weapons are often linked bolters or
> they should be worse but not useless. Remember that things like leman russ
> and land raiders mount heavy boltguns but are rated as bolters in NetEpic

This is sorta curious. I was always under the impression that tanks
mount some pretty high-calibre machine guns and have done since WWII.
Ok, they might be limited in arc of fire, but given that they are
mounted on a very stable platform, and not limited by the strength of
the infantryman carrying / using it, WHY are tank bolters / hvy bolters
in Epic worse than infantry ones????