Re: [NetEpic ML] Night Fight!

From: Albert Farr� Benet <cibernyam_at_...>
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2001 19:42:31 +0200

I think that Squats should be penalized for drinking beer until late at night...but probably Squat players would say that Squats can resist any amount of beercans...

I don't agree with indirect barrages, you are not shooting at a place you see, you are shooting to a spot on the map where your forward observer has told you there is a target. I mean, indirect barrages scatter because (even at daylight) you shoot referring to your map position and enemy position on the map. Another thing is that with spoting distance limitation, your observer must be VERY close to the enemy and perhaps could get some nasty scattered barraged...

Probably, the point is that at night most barrages will be indirect.

I would also add a penalization to "To hit" rolls of -1 for nightshooting and -2 if you are shooting to a firing unit outside your spotting distance.

Another point is that Titans and Praetorians are always seen, and we could just supose the spoting distance for SH could be risen to 50 cm?

AlbertFarr� Benet