Net epic background ideas

From: Peter Ramos <primarch_at_...>
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2001 12:30:31 -0500

Hi!

Here is some fluff we can expand upon. The sources are many and mostly old GW books.

Era of Legend

In mans pre-history the celtic driuds, due to extreme foresight, foresaw the coming of the chaos gods and mankinds destruction. They realized no one man or group of men could face them as their power drew from the vices of men (violence, decay, magic, etc). The answer came with sacrificed as using the magic of Stonehenge the druidic culture to a man killed itself to be reborn in the essence of one man (later to be known as The Emperor). The druids passed from history their legacy and power concentrated in this most special of humans.

Ever wonder if this could ever be done again with the sacrifice of many powerful psykers?

Era of Guidance

By this time the Emperor was a couple of thousands of years in age, slowly advancing mankind. The most thought provoking what if's would be how man would have evolved if he had consolidated his rule over man early on, instead of thousands of years in the future.

Era of Technology

This is the first era were army lists and a detail history can be made with some guideline questions:

What faction finally dominated the earth?
Why was warp travel the only method of rapid travel?
What impact would an alternate travel method have on the evolution of Imperial history?
Was it one faction dominating the galaxy or many?
What's left of these factions and were? (great scenarios could come out of this).
How advanced would factions be when cut off by warp storms?
How did they navigate without the astronomicon?

Era of strife

While galaxy spanning conflict is out, how did factions within systems deal with the new situation?
Were all factions overcome by warp storms or did some find a way around it?
Did other abhumas evolve?

Era of Man

This is were a lot of work can be done, since we can alter GW fluff to taste, the possibilities are very vast.

Era of Change

This one fascinates me the most. I think GW's fluff really needs to advance beyond where its at now. The Emperor cannot live forever, but what happens we it does happen? The administratum hides it to hold power? The star child arrives? If it does what happens to the Imperium? Does the Imperium collapse? If it does what impact does it have on war on all fronts? Endless possibilites.

No doubt you'll have a lot to say.

Peter