RE: [NetEpic ML] Slann Color schemes

From: Darryl Hilbig <darrylhilbig_at_...>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2001 01:59:23

The colour scheme I would use for the Slann themselves would depend on which
country I was from. The reason for this is, I would get a handbook on the
local wildlife and find the amphibians (on which Slann are based) and select
a skin pattern to match the particular model.

Some personal examples are:

My Ratskin Necromunda Gang:

A Mulgarra (Dasycercus cristicanda),
Tasmanian Devil (Sarcophilus harisii),
Numbat (Myrmecobius fasciatus),
Eastern Barred Bandicoot (Peremeles gunnii)

A couple of Spyrers are:

Bird - Black Kite (Milvus migrans),
Spider - Wolf Spider Species (Race?) (Lycosa obscuroides)

Scalies for Scavvy gang are:

Death Adder (Acanthophis antarcticus)
Red Bellied Black Snake (Pseudechis porphriacus)

and so on:

They provide a variety of ideas and save having that "what colours do I use"
syndrome happening. Plus it can help you recognise the more dangerous
lifeforms and/or beneficial ones that live in your area (eg: the Wolf Spider
mentioned above hunts cane toads and one was seen biting a large cane toad
on the head and the toad died within an hour)

The books these are from are (if your are interested):

A Photographic Guide to Mammals of Australia: ISBN - 1 85368 583 6
Wildlife of Greater Brisbane: ISBN: 0 7242 6447 7

Both are publications from museums: the first, The Australian Museum Trust,
and the second, The Queensland Museum. Bought off a bookshelf in Toowoomba
QLD, & Brisvegas QLD.

I am sure your local area or state should have the sme thing.

My Thoughts
Darryl