RE: Re: [NetEpic ML] A few random background ideas

From: <jyrki.saari_at_...>
Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2001 16:16:15 +0200

First of all, remember we are talking about _background_.

Second, there is no need to actually use the special characters even IF we
decide to make stats for them. It would not be even reasonable, since the
primarchs, for example, would certainly not personally lead each and every
battle their chapters fight in. Not to mention thet there are only 9 (loyal)
primarchs and how many battlezones? They can't be present everywhere. The
cheesemongers will, of course, ignore this but that's something which can't
be helped.

Third, the primarchs & co would _only_ be present in the era of change
armies. And even then as optional units with heavy restrictions. My guess is
that, barring a special scenario, only Peter the great ;) would have an army
big enough for them to lead. As for the Emperor, I really can't see him
being in battlefield as he must coordinate the overall effort.

Fourth, I really can't see why commanders of _really big_ armies would be
better suited to a skirmish level game like 40K. Surely they don't
concentrate on leading a single platoon or company.

Fifth, If the primarchs were at about the same level as greater daemons I
can't see a problem. After all, a Chaos player can have multiple of those
while I can't see there ever being more than one primarch present at any
single battle.

> Eivind

Jyrki Saari

-There is no such thing as free lunch because eating takes time and time is
money.