Re: [NetEpic ML] A few random background ideas

From: Peter Ramos <primarch_at_...>
Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2001 10:12:18 -0500

Hi!

> Yep. Even from the official fluff it can be deduced that the Emperor was
far
> more benevolent ruler than the administratum is. True, he did control
> psykers as vigorously, but that is unfortunately a necessity in the 40k
> universe if the humanity is to survive. And the Emperor is ultimately
> concerned with the survival of the humanity as a whole.
>
> One of the other things I've been toying with is the Emperor's attitude
> towards technology. Since he lived far before the "dark" age of technology
> he has no superstitious beliefs about it. This would obviously be in
> conflict with the conservative elements of Adeptus Mechanicus. Do I smell
> the makings of a nice civil war here <evil grin>?

I think a civil war is very real because for the Emperor to be reborn he
needs to die. There would be those in order to keep power would denounce
this "new" Emperor as a demon and oppose him. Especially if he starts
overturning age old traditions (which of course he didn't make to begin
with).

> Exactly. And I was thinking of REALLY spectacular comebacks, like Roboute
> Gulliman stepping down from his throne in his shrine, the amber surroundig
> Rogal Dorn's skeleton transforming to flesh and coming alive, Lion
El'Jonson
> emerging from the secret chamber in the Rock, Leman Russ and Jaghatai Khan
> Returning to their homeworlds in the ships they disappeared, Sanguinius
> bursting from the stasis tank his body is kept and so on. Why? So that the
> people of the Imperium would knew that the time of final battle is at
hand.

I think the impact in game terms this would have is behaps to increase the
chapeter strength, since 1000 battle brothers would not be enough.

Peter