Re: [NetEpic ML] Combining Empire forces

From: Darryl Hilbig <darrylhilbig_at_...>
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2001 18:23:45

IMO (I'm to shy to be humble)the following restrictions should apply to
combined Imperial Forces (or even their Chaos Equivalents:

SPACE MARINES:
Are an elite formation and as such should be limited to 25% to 33% of a
total force in a battle or campaign.
They are supposed to be used for those tough jobs like Beachheads, Deep
Strike Assaults, vanguard on a relief force etc.
I see them as being similar to (in Military Forces parlance) the Special
Forces in modern armies e.g. Green Berets, SAS, Red Berets, Commandoes,
Spetznaz, Republican Guard etc to name a few. These units are relatively
few in number compared to the rest of the Defence Forces of the armies they
belong to.

TECH GUARD:
Are are an element (if I understand this correctly) of the Titan Orders i.e.
their foot troops to guard the legs and internal structure of the Imperator
Titans when there is no other support available.
Therefore I believe they should be bought as part of the Imperial (Chaos)
Commander's allowance for Adeptus Titanicus forces permitted in his Army
which shouldn't be more than 25% of his total force.

The remainder should be Imperial Guard (Chaos Equivalent) which is the
backbone of any Imperial Force.

As an example (I am writing this on 26/27 Nov), what percentage of the US
Forces currently in Afghanistan is Spec Forces and how much is General
Forces (eg Marines, Army)

My bit
Darryl H