Re: [NetEpic ML] Epic 40,000 evolution

From: <Gabewolfe_at_...>
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2002 07:49:54 EST

oh yeah! since teh start with 40K they been stuck on role play wargaming.
they even copy right 3D Role play in the original hard cover. Just give it
up and say it is a wargame and stay away from any ideas of role play. You
can find one liners in articles and small things in the copy right pages.
And it keeps coming up. Like talking about his first game in IQ. In the 70's
[yes the 70's] wargames were very hardline. all historicals. GW was just
getting into it with WHFB. Back then it came in a box with thre little books
and a couple of dice, just like all RPGs. If you think some of their rules
are bad try playing 2nd WHFB. my whole army was one figure. Yes I know i was
a cheesy SOB when i was younger!

I think they have giving up on make things up as you go. Last edition they
pushed for that. Leaving rules opened ended. But that went out the window
with the GT and games day. Talking with the guys they are cool but they are
not into to making it right right away. I was in a tournament with Andy
Chambers as the rules judge. He would let players say bring in a tech marine
with a gravitation gun. the payer explained it and he said cool. One player
say it and bitch at Andy till he changed his mind. Andy just wanted the guy
out of his face. Tomas for give me if i spelled his name wrong. He more up
front. but a very nice guy. Shor and buff. he is a game freak. any game he
can get into he is there for hours. vampire, cyberpunk even pokemon' yes he
like an 8 year when it comes to the knowledge of Pokemon.

also playtesting does happen. it is not easy i been busting both nuts to
become one but the games designers want to meet you first. then they talk
about you then decide. Playtesting is done by guys who play to much by the
rules and should be by guys wwho will rape it for what it is worth. so all
the holes and flaws are exposed. otherwise they glance at the playtesters
work and move on. We suggestions and they think about it. If you players made
up stuff play tet it and send in a battle report. it would get someones
attention. the big key if feed back. Look at BFG and the Necrons.