Re: [NetEpic ML] Epic 40,000 evolution

From: Peter Ramos <primarch_at_...>
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2002 09:05:19 -0400

Hi!

One complaint I have had about GW is what you point out. They are in desparate need of EXTERNAL playtester. For those who have been around the list for awhile we all know when you design a game the person(s) least likely to catch mistakes and mechanics errors IS (ARE) the developer(s). This is because the one who makes the game will compensate for errors or poorly working mechanisms while he plays. It is only when an external playtester who has never seen the game and plays it that erros, even very obvious ones, come to the front.

Those who worked in Heresy know how much it changed from creation to finale. The original ideas and mechanics are still there but their execution, wording and smooth of play were changed for the better.

As I have said before, GW will NEVER truely produce a superior games system until they get qualified beta-testers.

Peter