Tyranid Questions II

From: darius spano <dmanspano_at_...>
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2002 07:08:11 -0800 (PST)

I played the Tyranids last night against a combined
Space Marine/IG army. It was a good battle and finally
understood the out right power of the Tyranids. It was
a 4000pt game and even though my opponent had about
4250,(he forgot to price his warhound titan weapons)we
basically drew after 5 turns of him barraging me,
unloading 2 devastator squads and one IG hvy company
on me. The reason the Heirophant!!! The first round it
had 17 wounds and I got it back down to 6. 2nd round
15 more wounds and I got it back to 5. 3rd round 12
wounds and I got it back to 3!! 4th round 13 wounds
and it finally died. It couldn't move or shoot by the
end of turn 2. Is this correct that it took over 50
wounds in 4 turns of gameplay? Or was I lucky? I do
know that my player was frustrated because it allowed
my infantry to press on forward. ( I stopped moving to
wipe out his Rough Rider company).
More qustions: With the Biovore spore mines when do
you move an undetonated mine? Also if they drift into
a buildoing and astandis on the rooftop where it lands
on the building will it detonated? I know rooftop
means they are inside the building. Does it use the
spore template or a normal barrage template?
Can the Dominatrix move 20cm? It is a command unit
that a normal move of 10cm but has no max. assigned to
it. Can the Dominatrix use a psychic attack in the
Psychic phase then attack in the firing phases?
No one non-tyranid question regarding assaulting
titans. I remembered we worked on the titan assault
rules to prevent it from being swarmed. I think these
rules are too harsh. Since CAF in many cases is
related to the number of bolters a SH/Titan/praetorian
have why don't we afford the titan the same
anti-personnel defense as SH & Praetorians. This
anti-personnel defense is only used in CC with
infantry and cavalry units. So a Warlord titan with a
CAF of 14 would have 14 bolter attacks with a 6+ to
hit. This is resolved before CC takes place. Its much
more easier, makes inf/cav units think twice about
assaulting a titan and much fairer. Hey if a titan
gets swarmed it is for two reasons: 1) the swarming
attacker has big'uns 2) Bad titan!Badtitan!Got a bit
cocky, didn't you? I do like the ramming rules that
are currently in the rules. Let me know what you
think. We make this a house rule. Thanks for the
tyranid help.
Darius