Re: [NetEpic ML] Regarding Epic40K- Armageddon Playtest

From: Peter Ramos <primarch_at_...>
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2002 13:33:23 -0400

Hi!

<grin> what a shock! Frankly I see a lot more "division" than unison from all this and i dont blame e40k'ers one bit to be pist-off. They support the game, they put time into it and the contribute to it. I have seen their input in the current magazine. It may not be perfect but to them it a great game. Still they want to change it. Heck, they even added this ATII stuff much against the views of those who play the game, even though under pressure they put it as a separate game.

I can understand why they'd ignore me and other "old school" players, but their own support base? If I told Jervis, "hey this release schedule is bad it will fail" he could say, BAH, netepic'er, and go his merry way. But when those who live and breath epic40k tell its not a good idea, your just looking ofr trouble when you ignore them.

This, among other things is why I am hesitant. Jervis may design the game, but he doesn't call the shots regarding set-up costs and availablility. To ask people to expend effort in placing input and time for a game that will support only two armies with NO GUARANTEES it will EVER support more is just ludicrous.

Epic40k players now find themselves in the same quandry as those on this list did when our "ride" began. Support or not? The ONLY positive thing I have heard to favor support is Jervis's statement of needing input. Against it is a whole host of negative experiences with GW policies. Some will call me a doom sayer, maybe they are why do I get the nagging sensation that soon the epic online community will be set in three groups: Net Epic/SM/TL, Net Epic40k and Amraggedonites?

See has Jervis said the following:

1. The rules will be made from the ground up
2. Players will be part of the process
3. It will be playtested before release
4. All armies will be supported from the get-go with certain armies getting NEW releases first.

Then I be pretty damn enthusiastic.

Peter