Re: [NetEpic ML] Stealer Cults an Ogres (and a couple of thoughts about jervis' ramblings)

From: Sam Dale <epic_at_...>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 02:20:47 -0000

> I'm not sure, it may have been mentioned, but I have no file on my
archive, at least recently. Now I don't remember
>rules for them in WD, it may have been CJ. I don't have any CJ articles,
does anyone have the CJ article.

We're talking back in the days of Space Marine here. This is only a vague
memory of this thing. Seem to remeber a pic of pastel turtleback warlords
with matching slaaneshi heads. WD 142 (elf onna dragon, from the dragon
princes board game, on the cover i think) had an index of articles that
might list which one it was in.

There was a 40k army list way back in the days of Realm of Chaos, i can't
remember the 2nd edition list, then that american tim something chap did the
3rd edition list which was prototyped then printed in the journal.

> > And did that discussion of Ogre class vehicles ever produce some
results?
> As Jyrki pointed out its laying in the files section look it up and please
comment!

This is fun. I can't remember my original login name or password, and yahoo
is being too busy to tell me whether i guessed at the right email addy and
postcode...

> > What does a lurker get out of this list? Gets to rekindle some interest
in a
> > system that he spent weekends a decade ago pounding hell out of people
with,
> > but due to a variety of factors (CCGs and WH40k and a lack of victims)
> > hasn't been touched till this year.
> Well, at least your "touching" it again, thats the best compliment the
list can get its getting people to play again.

Aye. The discovery of Netepic got me going again, and that 3 of one of the
local clubs have armies, and that playing Starcraft and the GW selling off
of lots of Nids nicely coincided this time last year (12,000 points of
Zerg/Nids for �80. woo hoo!).

Just a pity that 2001 was the worst overall year for gaming i've managed for
a long time. I think the 3 games of epic may have been the most i played in
any system.

Sam.