Re: [NetEpic ML] Stealer Cults an Ogres (and a couple of thoughts about jervis' ramblings)

From: Sam Dale <epic_at_...>
Date: Sat, 2 Mar 2002 03:08:51 -0000

> I know the picture you're referring to with the slaneesh Titan, but I
don't see a cultist army associated to them.

Found the WDs. Or most of em, anyway. 114, 115 and 116 have the original
cult 40k list, 154 (with the dragonmasters cover) has the articles index,
but i couldn't see that original epic cult list anywhere. My mistake, the
slaaneshi warlords was with the metal titan weapons article. Yay Harpoon
missiles...

> There were rules for the call this army for epic 40 K. Those did appear
in firepower magazine.

Which one?

> As for second edition rules, I'm almost certain that I saw them in The
Citadel journal, but unless someone can verify
>that I have no way of doing so.

Of the original 13, i'm only short numbers 1 and 7, and can't see nuffin.
Fabulous Mental Bozo Clowns goblin bloodbowl team. Oh dear, only now, many
years later do i get the reference...

>Then again you don't really need them. That's the cool thing about making
your own army
>lets, you get the last word, not GW!

But, i like taking ideas from what's gone before. if there was a good idea
that'd work at the scale, it'd be criminal to miss it out. And then there's
always the fluff question. It's always annoying when your favorite army
appears minus old favorite unit types (where's all the scum and
monstrosities gone from the 40k Chaos list? and the "chaos" come to that),
or when the new version bears no relation to the old one.

>At least that's one positive thing about epics lack of popularity, you can
buy a off armies real cheap!

And pick up stuff from people who prefer RTS to tabletop these days. My
first Imperator. Woo!

Sam.