Re: [NetEpic ML] net epic suppression

From: Sam Dale <epic_at_...>
Date: Sat, 2 Mar 2002 03:08:45 -0000

> How about incorporating the suppression to hit rolls. When a
> detechment receives casualties we can put suppression counters as
> many as the casualties

As has been said, it's not the rate of casualties that causes the survivors
to keep their heads down, it's the sheer volume of fire. Besides, there's
gonna be plenty of casualties if they get hit by plenty of dice anyway.

And, of course, berserk, totally fanatical and mindless troops (nids and
chaos near their leaders, robots) ignore being shot at and just keep going.
And Orks ain't a problem cos there's so many of them to outnumber with fire
that they won't be suppressed until there's lots of dead orks.

Really don't like swapping kills for suppressions after the dice have been
thrown. Maybe allocate "suppression dice" seperate to "killing dice" before
throwing.

Sam.