Re: [NetEpic ML] my battle report, sorry both long and under titan legions rules

From: Peter Ramos <primarch_at_...>
Date: Sat, 2 Mar 2002 14:51:59 -0400

Hi!

Amir thanks for the report!! Its been awhile since we had a battle report. If yu can get a copy to Tom for Incoming! for the next issue.

Don't worry about mistakes, we all make them. I have played this game forever and still make quite large bloopers.

Some armies have specific HQ command rules (Orks, IG) and other none. This means SM doesn't really have to be anywhere close to their HQ, thats the flexibility they have over more rigid armies like IG.

As you played it, net epic includes rules for alternating movement like the fire phase, it definately makes for a better game.

We used to have a short explanation regarding the differences between the two games (net epic and epic), but it hasn't been circulated for a while. Heres a short list but by no means complete:

1. Alternating movement. No longer you need to fear losing initiative and watch the other guy move his whole army before you can.
2, Snap fire- if your on first fire you can snap fire the enemy when he moves with a -1 penalty to hit. This way movement is "free" as it once was.
3. Fog of war- you dont reveal your orders like before, you reveal ONLY the unit you activate as you move it. This keeps the opponent guessing. This makes a BIG difference when combined with the above two.
4. Titan purchasing system. Not all titans are created equal! Better weapons will now cost more and earn you opponent more VP's when you destroy it.
5. Things like the Leviathan are now called "praetorians" and are titan classed units with their own templates. This makes them VERY deadly.
6. Super heavies dont die with one shot (usually) they are a simplified short damage table.
7. Psychics have been cleared up and reclassified for easy application.
8. Tyranid rules are basically all new, the GW design was flawed.
9. A host of unit stat changes and power changes too numerous to mention.

Those are the "basics".

Ahh, the Gazkhull special card eh? Net Epic doens't allow as core rules any of the old special cards for characters. Many were too unbalancing and cheesy. They are strictly optional and net epic doesn't even list them (I personally dislike them).

Regarding your IG question net epic has explicit pinning rules and who can fire what in first fire and advance. Suffice to say if you cant pin the unit it can fire at anything it wants. This eliminates the "I pin you titan with a infantry stand" syndrome that was so abundant before.

Knights are pretty cool, but if used correctly. They aren't super men. but in net epic they get teh same super heavy advantage with a damage table. Remember the lancer shoots in the close combat phase (few units do this) and can kill units before it enters close combat. Errant are great titan killer because the get a bonus for the power glove.

Peter