my battle report, sorry both long and under titan legions rules

From: amir gamzu <agamzu_at_...>
Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2002 12:14:54 -0800 (PST)

first let me say thanks to netepic, for not only
keeping my interest in epic for the last year or so,
but also inspiring me to play, here is my battle
report

 a note from the author,

hope someone enjoys this, I did a first edit so it
makes a bit more sense, but I

wrote this in a few small parts so there is no
organization and its a very
stream of conscious battle report

orc vr imperial (mostly titan legions, rest space
marines.

pts just over 15,000

lets see, I�ve just moved and set up my epic stuff for
the first time in about 2

Years, so we were really rusty (joined netepic during
dormancy, haven't tried
using the netepic rules yet), my buddy playing orks
had never played them before

(but was giving it serious consideration 2 years ago
last we were playing), so
with all the funky rules things took time, he
defiantly got away with a bunch of

rules not being used properly to his advantage, but by
the end of the game we
got most of it figured out (like hey that mekboy
kustom card can only be used on

a formation, not a whole clan, but anyhow) we also
came up with a kustom
stompers clan, it consisted of 8 stompers and 2 nobz
stompers, in post game
reflection it should be 12 stompers and 4 nobz for
about 1100, with 3 special
rules 1- on the first turn the stompers can triple
speed on charge 2- when not
able to get orders members of the kustom stomper mob
go on charge orders and
rush into close combat with the nearest enemy model
and 3- this clan card (gets
special and up to 5 support cards) can only be used
with 5 of the other clan
cards, with the coming of a sixth clan (and then under
titan legions you can
keep adding clan cards with no rulz cuz the wa-ork is
so big) so with the coming

of the sixth clan, the stompers would all break up and
go to their original
clans

ok, so that was a small paragraph, lets start with set
up , we finally picked
armies and were getting them placed on the
battlefield, and did this a day ahead

to be prepared for battle, the forces were like this

ork (I may try to get proper names in here instead of
descriptions ASAP)

2 sets of gargant big mobz, only 1 slasher among them
1 big mama (mega-gargant)
2 stompers clans/mobz (as described above)
4 weirdboy towers
tons of clans/mobz just about all used (think he
skipped one or two and may have

doubled on some), in other words shit loads of guys
3 sets of the good artillery, like 1 at 3, -3 for
100cm
2/3 batteries hopsplat
1 group of the gun that shoots close combat at you
5 superheavy tanks
8 mekboys cars (the ones you get the cards with)
a dozen or so landraiders
and lots more artillery and extras to make big mobz

imperial

emperator titan
warlord battle group
reaver battle group
pair o warhounds
paladin house
errant house
lancer house
a baron commanding a castlen and crusader supports
golgatha
stormblade co

assault marines
veteran (and a bunch o thunderhawks to carry em)
terminators
great wolf company(w/ ulrk and ragnar)
devastators
and assorted bikes/speeder bit more eh'

on another side note, while plowing through the rules
I can't seem to find the
exact rules for giving space marines orders, there is
no talk of command
structure for them in the original space marines
rulebook, and both titan
legions(either book) and armies of the imperium, talk
about space marines for a
while, then when getting into imperial gaurd they give
specific rules for
command structure for IG, but don't refer to SM. NOW
what�s up with that

(please
I want input on this, did anyone else ever notice it?)

ok, so we have a few modified rules that worked within
the titan legions game
which we tried to play more or less to the word, with
one BIG exception, we
alternate movement somewhat like fire, but into larger
then detachment size,
sometimes we break down to company or just wings of
attack, this is used to make

it so who ever wins initiative doesn't just get to
move his whole army into
perfect position after the initiative loser moves or
grabbing all the good
ground on the first turn, but to maintain a good
healthy advantage to winning
it. we felt the move at once made it too healthy of
an advantage when you won
initiative, and winning 2 or 3 initiatives in a row
would win the game, period..

so, even with plus one I lost the first initiative and
he chose for me to move
first, and chose my movements like a moron (hey I was
really rusty), I moved a
titan battle group and he took a building with troops
that I realized right
away, hey, that would have been the perfect first
move. see I remember having to

move titans before tanks and knights so there would be
room for them, just
forgot to move my space marines first, ok then with
each of us with one move
left, sitting there debating in my head to take my
terminators out of their land

raider or not, I chose so wrong, left them in and his
last group (which I
couldn't see cause it was hiding behind a building)
stormed up and took my
landraiders into close combat.

well, that first round went ok,he double teamed my
land raiders and tied with
the 2 of the 4, dont' ask why, but we used to play if
the first guy tied you
didn't keep fighting the next ( a little bonus for the
underdog) but I figure
you should keep on fighting, so first netepic
question:

        in netepic, when 3 buggies attack a land raider and
the first one ties
in close combat, do the other ones keep fighting

2- if my land raider still had movement left, could
the terminators inside come
out?

3- if a model with troops inside survived the close
combat with a tie, can the
models get out during the next turn or are they stuck
in

note- I�m trying to polish up on epic, then I�ll work
on learning netepic,but
will apply all your answers to these questions to how
we play epic

4- is there a net epic document that outlines the
differences of it and epic?

ok, lots of shit blew up and he took out 1 titan, the
imperator did great,
having rolled 9 plasma or something like that and I
had bunches of warp missiles

shooting into the gargants from other titans

turn two is where I really got smashed, the big
problem was he used the SUPER
ork warbos card that give me a -1 to shoot all orks
and extra die roll to
all ork close combat

5- do you guys limit this or allow it at all in net
epic(like maybe to just one
clan)

that just about finished me off, terminators got
slaughtered left and right and
with him double teaming me alot I just couldn't do
much with 2D6 vs 4D6

that just about took care of me, it limited my ability
to break more of his
clans (with out the bonuses he would have been much,
much worse off)

the third turn was plenty of fun, with the imperator
fighting a great gargant

6- should a imp be allowed to fire if first fire if he
takes someone into close
combat? I mean his weapons towered over the great

ok, lets see, I also blew up my plasma gun on the imp
in the second turn due to
a misunderstanding of how the bubble-chucker worked, I
didn't fight it cause I
could already tell the battle was over, and I was
going to lose. in reflection,

I�m kinda starting to think that the lancers suck ass,
and even the errants
aren't so hot, and like the way the paladin works
best. I also think that even
had the ork player been more on top of the rules he
still would have one based
on two main things, my super XXity first move and his
bonuses to the close
combat roles, and of course, the incredibly hard task
of trying to break a mob.

also did I forget to mention that we chose way too
huge of a points value,
especially for the first game in way too long.

amir (rud23) - more battle reports to come, and lots
of pictures too, also will be putting stuff up on ebay
at some point and not sure if i should tell the group
when i put them up, also what ever happened to the
trading post, i think it was wargametrader that i used
to go through but find it anymore