Re: [NetEpic ML] Fliers..

From: Darryl Hilbig <darrylhilbig_at_...>
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2002 15:59:40

If the suggestion below is applied, air units still have a more subtle
effect and make the owner of ground units have to decide whether to keep his
ground units passive or not.

Which tends to reflect the idea of air superiority also meaning not just
destroying units, but, also suppressing them by making them not wanting to
risk drawing the heat from air units.

This suggestion would apply mainly for smaller units (e.g. infantry,
cavalry, walkers and vehicles up to say leman russ, falcon sized vehicles
(maybe +/-1 in the open, +/-2 in some kind of cover/concealment). Bigger
vehicles could get a +/-1 modifier if in cover at least as high or as
massive as themselves.

The idea is this modifier if the unit stays passive and does not move fast
(say advance rate or some distance (maybe 10cm) that would not throw up to
much of a cloud or create engine noise than they would if travelling
faster), or fires.

The reason for the +/- for the proposed modifier is because I am not sure of
the current (4.1) game mechanics as I have not met fliers in any game I have
played.

Your thoughts,
Darryl H

The theory and practice of gamesmanship or
The art of winning games without actually cheating.
(Title of book - Stephen Potter 1900-69)

>From: "Peter Ramos" <primarch_at_...>
>Hi!
>
>How would these options translate in do game mechanics for epic?

See between **** ***** below (modified the paragraph from previous post
so it is clearer).

>Peter

*****Could a modifier be applied if the unit hasn't fired from that position
prior to that turn (or will not fire in that turn) modifies the attack of a
flier a couple of points worse than what it would be normally if the
unit(target) had fired/revealed its position.******