Re: Eldar Scorpion and Cobra Tanks

From: brandu <brandu_at_...>
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2002 19:20:25 -0000

--- In netepic_at_y..., <jyrki.saari_at_n...> wrote:

> > 2: As these are the 'new' minis, I was wondering why they
> > don't have Holofield saves.
> >

> Eldar tanks in Net Epic have no holofields. The Tempest hasn't got
holofieds either.

Okay. Fair enough. Didn't really answer 'why' though.

> > 3: Cost seems a bit excessive. Shouldn't it be more in line
> > with the Tempest if they have no Holo save? ie: 200 points each.
> >

> Considering the effects of the Pulse laser and the distortion
>cannon and the fact they have better CAF, I personally don't think
>so.

The CAF is higher. (I wondered 'why' on that also) I'm assuming it's
because of the shorter range of the PL and the DC.

As far as the effects of the weapons go, they aren't much more
dangerous (if any) than the Tempest's weapon.

> > 4: Speaking of Tempests... How about a Cobra or Scorpion
> > Host?
> >

> Might be coming in the next revision.

This would be a good thing.

 Brandu/QSK