Re: [NetEpic ML] Space Marine Structure

From: <deaconblue3_at_...>
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2002 13:35:01 -0500

should Space Marine Army use the Space Marine 2.0Chapter structure :
with only a terminator or veteran company, only a devastator
company. For limiting marine Chapter, for example with a chapter
with ten Terminator company is too?

-->I think this is going to be handled in an upcoming revision and/or
additional source book. This will become an issue as we define the eras
of play in Imperial history. As Peter said, pre-Heresy chapters are
going to be far more free form than, and far less restricted than their
"current day" counterparts. In general I would say this: If the battle
is "current," ie: you are playing in the standard 40K setting, then yes,
each codex chapter will follow those guidelines verbatim. Some chapters
don't follow the codex (Space Wolves, Dark Angels, Blood Angels for
example), so will have different structures and restrictions. The WH40K
ver2 SM codices are very good sources for this sort of thing.
Pre-Heresy, and Heresy era chapters/legions, can have just about whatever
it is you want. So long as you and your opponent agree as to what is,
and is not allowable, then you should have no problem. Guess this means
I should be working harder on my "Grand Unified Imperial History" eh?

Josh R

"No matter where you go, there you are." B.Bonzai