AA units range too high?

From: antichrist666it <seimejote_at_...>
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2002 18:51:12 -0000

Just one thing: one detachment of Hydras or one Eldar Firestorm cover
the entire battlefield (100cm range)...

Should we consider lowering their points and halve their range?

They can still provide AA defense, but the players now need to
carefully place them trying to maximize their "area of influence",
and flyers have at least the choice to take strafing route maybe less
convenient but at last free of immediate danger...

Consider a few things about the current situation:
1 - Thrusters have NO cover
2 - Thrusters have also not so impressive armor saves
3 - A single detachment of Hydras covers almost all battlefield and
fires 12 shots at 5+, -1 to armor with NO snap-fire penalties.
4 - Infantry firing at floaters add +25cm to their range, AA units
fire as the thruster is at ground-level

Maybe there are some things I don't consider... suggestions?