Re: [NetEpic ML] Brainstorm session

From: Peter Ramos <primarch_at_...>
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2002 09:49:49 -0400

Hi!
  -------->NO NO NO NO NO! The one thing the Squats have is cheap praetorians. Everything else is rather expencive, so to up the prices on the Squat Praetorians will make the squats useless all together. The squats have cheap Praetorians, but completely lack bigger formations of armour. This is what makes the squats special and stand out from the other armies. If we make the praetorians more expencive, we would have to give them tank companies and cheaper infantry to make the army work. Sounds a lot like Imperial Guard doesnt it? To make the Preatorians more expencive would IMHO ruin the Squat army.

  Every army has that something to make them different from the rest, and if we use the formula on every unit in the game, we will end up playing a variant of Imperial Guard all together!

  Hehe, I was wondering when you'd pop-up. Remember that squats DO have a lot of new units (which will become core, vote willing), so they have their own armored units to compensate which was the point. You have to admit they are too GOOD for their points right now. Mind you not all of them has to go up in price, but the colossus for example is grossly underprices for what it can do. It just HAS to be increased. I know that all armies have their "cheapies" ans the squat should have them too, but they are too cheap as is. Perhaps 150 may be to much, maybe 100 is better, they'd still be cheaper than they should.

  ------->Sounds OK

> 4. AA guns should probably be defined as one of two types :static and mobile. Static AA are expensive, have long range and may only fire at either air or ground in a turn (not both). Mobile AA are cheap, shorter range and can fire at both ground and air units indescriminately.

  ----------> Sound OK

  Peter