holy crud! more eldar stuff!

From: eldarepic <eldarepic_at_...>
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2002 23:19:19 -0000

This whole subject of the Cobra and Scorpion tanks having holofields
was brought up by a discussion myself and brandu had several weeks
ago. Because in the Epic 40K mag it describes them as having
holofields. I agree this makes them extremely powerful, but if you
like to keep in the flavor of the fluff give it the holo and jack the
points up appropriately or even make it a special. If you have one
unit that costs 500 pts and is a special you bet your sweet harlequin
you wont see too may of them on the battlefield. One thing I never
understood about the conversion in roles from the Tempest to the
Cobra and Scorpion was the addition of a shuriken and a +1 CAF and
then slowing by 5cm, is this reflecting their roll of a close support
unit? Another point about the pop-ups, if you understand anything
about propulsion and aerodynamics then it might make more sense.
Most of the torque produced in lift is within the first 3 feet of the
ground after that the lift to weight ratio is greatly reduced. So it
it not unreasonable that if we can can get a 100 ton+ vehicle off the
ground that it can continue its lift when it is at a halt........
nuff said..I was also wondering if anyone had any stats for the old
Banshee and Vampire Spirit Warrior dreadnoughts, also any thoughts on
adding the Pheoinix Lords?