Re: [NetEpic ML] More brainstorming

From: Peter Ramos <primarch_at_...>
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2002 10:24:43 -0400

Hi!

> ok, but consider that (i.e. Exarchs) you must use a 400 pts Special card (4
> point victory) to "try" to kill a single titan (a river cost 500 pts).
> I remember times (TL epoch) when you'll had to go directly around Titan's
> foot and not just touching the base (at least for non skimmer units), in
> this way is very difficult to kill a titan, we still use this rule in our
> Epic Games and it works quite well.
> I think that some "stomping" rule for titans against non titan units could
> be useful, e.g you can try to stomp non-titan units befor CC take place, in
> 5+ (or 3+ infantry, 4+ veichles, 5+ SH) if hit is scored you kill the unit
> and no ST is taken, you can stomp other units unless you roll less than 5+
> (or whatever for each class)
> In this way you make the oppenent think twice before go in CC with a Titan,
> make possible (lucky star) to engage a titan, and you have something
> similar to what could really happen in this situation (Die! stupid little
> cockroach! ... splat...) :o)

But can't you fit about eight stands around both titan legs? If so that means 8 tactical IG can take out a titan most of the time.

I like your stomping idea, it keeps the rules as they were and makes it difficult to swarm a titan. Also this could give elites a benefit of +1 to their roll to avoid getting squished. I like this one.....

Peter