Re: [NetEpic ML] More brainstorming

From: dkaardal <dkaardal_at_...>
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2002 21:52:34 -0000

> But can't you fit about eight stands around both titan legs? If so
that means 8 tactical IG can take out a titan most of the time.

> I like your stomping idea, it keeps the rules as they were and
makes it difficult to swarm a titan. Also this could give elites a
benefit of +1 to their roll to avoid getting squished. I like this
one.....

I still LOATHE the idea of giving a titan basically an immunity
against half of an opponants army for free.

It basically depends on your view of titans. If you think that titans
are unstoppable killing machines, for whom the very idea of lowly
groundpounds taking one out offends you, then just make them immune
to infantry attacks. What's the big deal? They bascially are now -
well, immune from everything except tyranid infantry anyway..

I'd say at least make people pay for it. change the rules on certain
weapons. for example, with imperial titans change the rules on the
laser blaster, and the gatling blaster to always be able to fire at
charging units (if they havnt already fired that turn). Like carapace
multi-lasers for the warlord.. they keep the infantry off your back.
Without anti-personnel weapons, a titan should be just ASKING for
infantry to take it down - but if you charge a reaver with 8 stands
of IG troops, having the laser blaster shoot 'em on the way in thins
their ranks to the point where they are not likely to win.

Hell - make them make a moral check to even CHARGE the thing! THAT
makes sense... it's all well and good to say that it's possible for
infantry to take a titan down, but I certainly woudlnt be running
towards one if I saw it on the battlefield.