Deathstrike question

From: dkaardal <dkaardal_at_...>
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2002 18:48:15 -0000

in the rules, it states:

1. They can only be fired on First Fire orders.
2. After being fired the missile moves up to 35 cm in each
flyers phase
3. The missile has enough fuel for 4 turns, after which it must
select a target or crash at the end of its movement.
4. The missile may select any target at any point during its
move. It does not require LOS to the intended target when it is fired.
5. Due to their speed only AA guns may target the missile and
incurs a -2 penalty to hit.
6. These are one-shot weapons; a detachment has three total
shots.

I have an issue with rule # 2. Why can you fire at these cruise
missles? and why the HECK are they slower then a rhino on charge?

in the original rules, they were just like any other artillery. you
fired them, and resolved as normal. Why give people a chance to fire
at them at all? I mean, sure, the warheads are pretty powerful... but
you only GET 3 shots, and it's a garaunteed cost of 250 points!

I'm just really puzzled. If you are going to change the way they
fire, why would you make them so slow? There are ground troops that
can move that fast on a charge! Is the missle's propulsion system a
rubber band and a propeller?

:)