RE: [NetEpic ML] Hive Tyrand questions

From: Peter Ramos <primarch_at_...>
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2001 17:59:00 -0400

Hi!

-----Original Message-----
From: dkaardal [mailto:dkaardal_at_...]
Sent: Saturday, March 30, 2002 11:58 AM
To: netepic_at_yahoogroups.com
Subject: [NetEpic ML] Hive Tyrand questions

the hive tyrant is classified as both an infantry stand (for
movement), and a knight (for close combat). The hive tyrant is also a
command unit.

the question is, if the hive tyrant is in a mass of regular tyranid
infantry, then can it be picked off?

Yes, they can be picked off.

how does the rule for not being able to fire at a command stand come
into effect? Is the hive tyrant an infantry unit, so I've got to fire
at whatever infantry unit is closer to me before I can shoot at it?
OR is the hive tyrant big enough that I see him over the smaller
critters and target him with direct fire and artillery?

No. the infantry designation is ONLY for movement purposes. Use the
knight class for pinning and other stuff. Therefore, unless it is screen
by knight/super heavy class units it can be targeted normally.

Peter