[NetEpic ML] Re: A few rules questions

From: Kelvin <kx.henderson_at_...>
Date: Thu, 09 Dec 1999 09:10:54 +1100

At 12:28 AM 12/8/99 +0000, you wrote:
>I know that we still haven't gotten to army specific changes
>yet....however I am going to be seeing three of my high school friends
>over the winter break and we set up an 8000-8000 game. I just wanted to
>clarify two rules.
>
>1. The Eldar Wind Rider Host consists of 2 detachments of 5 vypers each,
>and 3 detachments of 5 jetbikes for 650 points. Bought seperatly they
>would be 1150 points. Is this correct. No other army has a company
>card that is 1/2 off. They seem to be quite powerful and cheap compared
>to every other army.

This is based on the old SM/TL value for the Wind Rider host. You are
right, it IS a huge discount, but at the time it was offset by other huge
discounts for other armies. Nowadays I think this is one thing we will
have to look at changing. I too think that the WindRider Host is too good
a deal.

>2. The Imperial Guard Adeptus Psyker has a special power Telepathic Link
>that states "Until the start of the next combat phase, the psyker spots
>for friendly barrages. Any indirect barrages aimed at a point visible to
>the psyker are treated as direct."
>There is no range limit for this power correct?

Correct.

-Kelvin....

         "Of course I'm paranoid!
       Everyone's trying to kill me."