RE: [NetEpic ML] Robots

From: Peter Ramos <primarch_at_...>
Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2001 11:27:05 -0400

Hi!

The way I remember it from the old fluff was that these units were
activated by the souls of dead elder who living inside the infinity
circuit in an elder craftworld.

When Slanneesh was born of their folly it also did something more
sinister, it prevented Eldar souls a peace rest in the warp. When an
elder dies it, if nothing else is done, it goes to the warp and is
sucked up by slanneesh-- a terrible fate!

The elder invented the infinity circuit to house elder souls until that
day they could defeat slanneesh and make it safe for the elder dead. The
elder can tap into this repository of the dead via spirit stones. Each
stone is a dead elder soul. Their consciousness is sort of a dream like
state and they cannot act independently. Also their psyche, is changed,
pretty much they don't fear because they are already dead. All they wish
is to serve. SO in a real sense they are pretty similar to robotic
brains, except that they were once alive.

Peter