[NetEpic ML] [NetEpic] Eldar

From: Wilding K <kwildi_at_...>
Date: Thu, 09 Dec 1999 10:25:39 +0000

As an eldar player, I've got to say that they're a great army to play.
Sure they have their weaknesses, but these ARE in character. Sure there
aren't many troops, but THAT'S THE POINT! Eldar walk a fine line between
cheese and crapness, but always make the opponent cautious. Yes, barrage
weapons are the bane of any eldar commander, but these can be taken care
of. If you stand your titans in the middle of the battlefield then of
COURSE they're going to make a fine wraithbonfire (did you know
'bonfire' originated in the term 'bone-fire'? *g*)

Just a quick point - can we introduce something to account for vehicles
moving while a barrage in is flight? Perhaps have the barrage announced
at the END of the turn, and landing at the beginning of the following
turn? The player would write down where the barrage will land (+/-
scatter) and then the 'victim' gets to move. Might make them less likely
to go for the old 'first fire' approach.

Alternatively, perhaps reduce the barrage strength by one 'level' on
advance orders, or 2 levels for charge to indicate the target is going
to be a ground zero for a shorter amount of time.

Maybe the flight-time of projectiles can be accounted for? Up to half
max range and they land in the same turn a la normal rules, over this
and they use one of the sugestions above?

Feedback welcome, and I didn't propose these ideas JUST coz I like
eldar! I think it'd make it more fun for the artillery too - guessing
where that Phantom is going to dodge to next... Besides, forcing them to
keep moving will reduce the chance of your own troops getting hit.

K (who's dead excited cos his void stalker arrives today!!!)