[NetEpic ML] Re: [v5.0] Core Rules [LONG]

From: brandu <brandu_at_...>
Date: Sat, 13 Apr 2002 13:58:50 -0000

--- In netepic_at_y..., "Peter Ramos" <primarch_at_c...> wrote:

Okay, I can live with this, I just wanted it spelled out
plainly. I'm going to take the part of the "interested
but-know-nothing-newbie" and I'm going to ask all the
'stupid' questions so we don't get stuck with a 18 page FAQ.

I reccomend under Snap Fire:

8. Units with robotic minds (or spirit stones) do not fire
   at a -1 penalty.

9. Once a Unit performs Snap Fire they may not move or fire
   again in this turn.

ANOTHER QUESTION: I have a detachment of 5 Predators. During
my opponents move I snap fire with only 3 of them. May the last
two still fire in the First Fire phase or did the Snap Fire
use up the actions of them all?

If the Snap Fire uses up the action of them all then I recommend
that #9 change to:

9. Once a Unit or Detachment performs Snap Fire they may not
   move or fire again in this turn.

Brandu

> Hi!
>
> Snap fire is an all or nothing affair. When you do you must snap
fire
> all your weapons and thus your turn ends. Thus it is really
> counterproductive to use praetorians and titans to snap fire, unless
> they are doing so to some other fleeing titan/praetorian before it
> leaves line of sight. The tactical spectrum of use is very narrow
> though.
>
> Peter

Snap
> > Fire)."
> >
> > We need to add that units with robotic minds (or spirit stones)
do