Ork Clans Cards Vote

From: Maksim-Smelchak <Max200_at_...>
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2002 17:12:32 -0700

Heya,

I've had the same feeling that much of the Ork stuff is "undesirable." Our
Ork player in the beginning day of 2nd Edition Space Marine always played
for the fun of it and winning wasn't his objective. As long as some of his
units did something unpredictable or potentially embarrassing to the other
side, he was happy. He also particularly enjoyed knocking down buildings
with the Gutbustas on his gargants. I played Imperials back then (IG, SM,
Squat).

Now that I have my own Ork stuff, the only real reason I play some of the
lamer clans is for the fun of fielding their crazy looking detachments. The
old Deathskull command rule made them particularly turdy, but I like their
paint job! :) LOL. The Snakebites are about the same to me.

During my first league back in the early 1990s after the demise of Adeptus
Titanicus, we used to spot the Ork player a large number of points or let
him jazz up some of his units with extra stats (like the cards used to
give). I know that many other players have used the Orks successfully, but I
guess our league was just not Ork-inclined.

I'm for allowing a lower threshold number before additional clans can be
chosen. Even better would be to make up some new clans. Another option would
be to allow a larger number of cards for Ork players (it adds to the random
disorderly nature of Orks).

Cheers to all,
Maksim-Smelchak.