Artillery

From: <jarreas_at_...>
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2002 11:02:14 -0400

>I think open-sheaf barrages could be introduced
>as an advanced optional rule, where artillery
>can decide to separate barrages at the expense
>of barrage strength.
>
>Peter

I dunno. The way it is, each artillery piece has a special ability:

Whirlwind: basic artillery piece
Basilisk: fire twice
Griffin: 12cm template
Manticore: may divide barrages
Bombard: destroys buildings

By changing ammo types or allowing separating fire you increase the complexity of the game (not a bad thing, but it's what killed Starfire).

It may be more realistic but I'm opposed on the basis that I A)have to remember the ammo types I'm using, and B)it decreases the value of buying a range of units.

-Yar