Command unit targeting

From: Jarreas Underwood <jarreas_at_...>
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2002 13:53:49 -0400

Other than the first example, I like it. That makes it better for a
commander to be standing in the open behind a trench than in it with his
men. How about this as a unit special ability / characteristic?

Command: Command units represent a small number of important people and can
only be targeted if:
 1) The command unit is more than 25cm from any other unit of it's pinning
class.
 - or -
 2) You assign at least one attack die to every stand/model of the same
pinning class that is coherent to the command unit. You may not assign more
dice to the command unit than to any other unit within coherency.
 - or -
 3) You're firing a template weapon and also cover a valid target.

I don't understand the implications of the building restriction - am I
missing something?

And I need a definition: what's a unit, as opposed to a stand and a
detachment? Is it a single model, or multiple?
-Yar