RE: [NetEpic ML] HQ targeting Part IV

From: Peter Ramos <primarch_at_...>
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2002 07:59:50 -0400

Hi!

I like Weasels idea for several reasons:

1. No artificial restrictions. You want to shoot at a HQ unit? Go ahead
2. Penalty for failure. When you do decide to shoot at an HQ you must
balance the fact of potential gain with potential loss. If you don't
make the targeting roll you lose that detachments fire.
3. Equal for all. Since you can only target on a roll of six al armies
are affected equally no one is "better" at HQ hunting than the other.
Also once the targeting roll is successful you hit at the units regular
to hit roll. This adds some strategy on exactly who you select to fire
at a HQ
4. Gives value to sniper unit. With this rule snipers like ratlings have
new purpose and meaning, since their targeting roll is lower. It's
actually beneficial to bring these units.
5. No extra clarifications. This appeals to me the most since I don't
have to make special exceptions for buildings, vehicles or anything
else.

Peter