RE: [v5.0] Core rules: fortifications

From: Jarreas Underwood <jarreas_at_...>
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2002 13:31:23 -0400

>Maybe "All trenches may be crossed on advance orders only. Cavalry
>stands and Vehicles (NOT Super-Heavies or bigger things) must roll
>1d6: on a 1 they are immobilised (the trench collapses) for the rest
>of the turn, and may escape from the trench only next turn on charge
>orders (like the mole mortar effect).
>
>Millett, George

I like the effect but not the reason - I'd prefer to change "trench
collapses" to "can't get through." If you say the trench collapses then the
next stand through won't chance get stuck, and I think it should. Be sure
to give an example, and reference the Mole Mortar and Trench sections to
each other.

>How about bunkers with AA weapons?
>
>Peter

It's called an Emplacement with an AA vehicle in it - no special rule needed.

I'm making the assumption that a structure has been modified to let
whatever's in it fire freely. This covers the intrinsic weapon suggestions
without further rules.
-Yar