RE: [NetEpic ML] [v5.0] Core rules: fortifications

From: Steve Kerry <steve_kerry_uk_at_...>
Date: Wed, 1 May 2002 10:37:04 +0100 (BST)

> Even if they are going at Full throttle (charge
> orders? red paint job etc)
> there is still going to be a certain amount of time
> taken for the tyres
> tracks etc to bite into the far side of the trench
> and pull the vehicle over

Actually I think a trench would be like a ramp to an
Ork bikeboy - gun the throttle and charge it at full
speed, shouting wildly as the machine flies across the
gap and lands on the far side. Almost by default,
most trenches have a small ramp on either side (that's
where the soil goes when they are dug) which would
make jumping them easier.

> that and in most cases some caution would be
> required

Caution? From an Ork driver?

> to prevent the axle
> from snapping under the strain. which would easily
> be represented by the
> reduced move as opposed to a random chance of
> mishap.

Orks don't think that way. They would cross at full
speed, and either the vehicle makes it across or it
gets busted on the other side. Other armies may slow
down and cross safely, but the Ork brain doesn't work
that way.

> the deathroller would have the mine blow up directly
> under the machine
> wrecking what in most cases is the vehicles front
> "wheels"

The deathroller isn't part of the suspension, it is an
addition that travels ahead of the vehicle. In some
cases it is an optional fitting. The actual roller is
very solid (certainly more than the underside of the
vehicle it is attached to) and the idea is to use the
roller to set off any mines before the tank itself
reaches them.

Steve