[NetEpic ML] Re: Rules Proposition X

From: Daniel Wiebell <dwiebell_at_...>
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 1999 20:25:32 PST

Howdy people,

>O.K. With the overhaul of the current edition of the NetEpic rules, >we
>are talking about introducing saves for infantry, making them >somwhat
>tougher.

I don't like the way this infantry save business is going for a couple
reasons.

1. Its another dice roll if infantry have saves against most weapons.

2. The proposition makes anti-tank weapons unbelievably powerful. If a
lascannon gets its save mod against armoured targets, and twice its save mod
against infantry, why take any other gun?!?!? Firing a lascannon, a slow
recharge, no blast template weapon, at a spread out squad which is trying
its goddamn best not to get shot, would be incredibly difficult.

My suggestion; don't give infantry saves, make any weapon classified as
anti-tank have a -1 to hit them. Since this whole thing was mainly brought
up to make terminators harder, why not classify terminators as hard targets
(if we are going with the soft/hard target system)? That way you would have
to shoot at them with anti-tank weapons to hurt them. That should toughen
them up a bit.

>With the changes I proposed, we can protect the more vulnerable areas >of
>the Titans (heads, reactors, shield generators, etc) while leaving >the
>rest of the locations as vulnerable as they used to be.

I am one hundred percent behind this suggestion. Why have the weapon
locations got the same save as the reactor!?!?!?

Well, that's my two cents for the moment.

Dan