RE: [NetEpic ML] Re: [v5.0] New Imperial units

From: Millett, George <George.Millett_at_...>
Date: Tue, 7 May 2002 10:26:51 +0100

> Myself, I think that two units should be considered for addition.
> 1) Marine bike company. I find it quite ridiculous that IG has
these but marines don't. My suggestion of a marine bike company is 2
detachments of bikes, one detachment of attack bikes and one bike
stand HQ.

1 - Imperial Guard should NOT have a Bike Company.
2 - The only SM Chapters that should have a Bike Company are Dark
Angels and White Scars, leave the others without.

IMHO, obviously :

Disagree with IG having them removed as per an earlier post I put on the
list SM chapters are all pretty much the same with very few changes between
them whilst IG change radically across the galaxy to adapt to the changing
situations thrown up and the tendencies of the worlds that they were raised
from.

> 2) Eivind's AA vehicle. Again it is strange that a mobile strike
force should have stationary AA pieces while IG has mobile ones.

Yep, it should be in.

How about something slightly radical. Since Fliers will be optional and
Advanced anyway why not add the AA ability to the Standard Whirlwind instead
of adding a new unit. I'm not entirely sure but I think this is the method
that GW used in Titan legions to give Marines a mobile AA. It also makes a
bit more sense, to me at least, that the space marines would have a dual
purpose AA and Artillery piece rather than 2 separate vehicles that are
almost identical that do 2 different jobs