RE: [NetEpic ML] Re: [v5.0] New Imperial units

From: Millett, George <George.Millett_at_...>
Date: Tue, 7 May 2002 10:54:39 +0100

> Disagree with IG having them removed as per an earlier post I put
on the
> list SM chapters are all pretty much the same with very few changes
between
> them whilst IG change radically across the galaxy to adapt to the
changing
> situations thrown up and the tendencies of the worlds that they
were raised
> from.

Where you read it? In my mind IG it's the exact opposite...

-------> The various Second Edition 40K codexes. The codex Ultramarines had
pretty much the entire marine chapter makeup and the background for why in
it and the IG codex details several different worlds that have contributed
regiments to the IG and each has its own special manner of fighting.
Consider Attila and Mordia for one on Attila Every one learns to ride a
horse almost before they can walk so Attila is rightly famous for its rough
riders whilst on Mordia The Iron Guard are renowned for their discipline and
firing lines.

Its that and a heavy dose of logic. The Imperium covers most of the galaxy
with a great variation in worlds both in a climate sense and in the
technological base it is absolutely ridiculous to assume that what works on
1 planet will work on another.