RE: [NetEpic ML] Re: [v5.0] New Imperial units

From: Steve Kerry <steve_kerry_uk_at_...>
Date: Tue, 7 May 2002 11:42:32 +0100 (BST)

> Far to much was lost not just in the IG but
> across the board.

I really enjoyed the IG from 1st ed! A rigid command
structure, lots of poorly equipped men who died in
droves, and none of this Legion of Steel nonsense. It
was almost as much fun as using Gretchin to clear a
minefield!

> By the end of the Second Ed I was
> working my way up to
> getting an IG army as a counter point to the Eldar
> and Chaos I already had,
> but when the new rules came out I was turned off by
> how much had been
> simplified, changed or flat removed because it was
> "convenient" or "cheesy".

Did you see how much fluff and background the Orks
lost when 2nd ed was introduced? They had THREE BOOKS
of their own under 1st ed rules. In 2nd ed they still
had the clans, but a lot of the flavour had been lost.
 In 3rd ed... well, it's a different game altogether.
And the whole Ork history now fits on two pages :(

> That an the fact they appear to have the strange
> need to make certain armies
> the underdog as it were, Dark Eldar in 40K and Dark
> elves in warhammer, is
> really making me look for other companies to see if
> I can find better rules.

Please let us know if you find something better, I
would also be very interested in an alternative to
40K. I like GW's background, but their game rules
suck.

Steve