RE: [NetEpic ML] Re: [v5.0] New Imperial units

From: Millett, George <George.Millett_at_...>
Date: Tue, 7 May 2002 11:24:53 +0100

The fact it's that I like the IG characterization given in the 3rd
edition W40k (just infantry and tanks). Btw... I'm against Imperial
Assault detachments as well...

On the other hand I hate it. Far to much was lost not just in the IG but
across the board. By the end of the Second Ed I was working my way up to
getting an IG army as a counter point to the Eldar and Chaos I already had,
but when the new rules came out I was turned off by how much had been
simplified, changed or flat removed because it was "convenient" or "cheesy".

That an the fact they appear to have the strange need to make certain armies
the underdog as it were, Dark Eldar in 40K and Dark elves in warhammer, is
really making me look for other companies to see if I can find better rules.

As for the assault detachments what is your reason for disliking them??

It is similar to the bike question some worlds produce troops that are more
suited to assault the enemy as opposed to sit back and shoot them. As far as
I recall in the back of the 3rd Ed IG codex there is a double page spread of
various worlds that contribute to the IG and one of them is in stereotypical
Hollywood gladiatorial gear with sword and laspistol.