[NetEpic ML] Re: Rules Proposition X

From: Kelvin <kx.henderson_at_...>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 1999 13:24:37 +1100

>Infantry will get saves depending on how tough we think they should be, any
>time a infantry unit get hits with a unit with a save modifier (any
>modifier) the infantry gets NO SAVE and is eliminated just like now.
>
>When the infantry unit is hit by a weapon without a modifier it gets a save.
>
>Units with heavy armor or fields (termies, etc.) get an asterisk besides
>their armor save meaning when hit by weapon with a saving throw modifiers
>they get a 5+ save (unmodifyable). This leaves th exact protection abstract
>while acknowledging it.
>
>Advantages:
>Pretty simple to remember, save modifier=dead infantry, no save modifier=
>save.
>No need to change most weapon modifiers, no extra special rules
>
>Disadvantage:
>Infantry saves need to be done and a look over for weapon modifiers

Peter,

This sounds elegant, simple and effective. I think that this could work
quite well. Perhaps instead of weapons that have a save modifier, we can
designate weapons AP (armour piercing) and that infantry units hit with AP
weapons die with no save. This way we avoid having to revamp all the
curent save modifiers but can designate the weapons that will scrap
infantry easily and quickly without too much extra baggage. (eg- I think
that Devastators should not ignore infantry saves.)

-Kelvin....

         "Of course I'm paranoid!
       Everyone's trying to kill me."