Re: [NetEpic ML] fascism in 40k

From: bikerbeerstud <bikerbeerstud_at_...>
Date: Sat, 11 May 2002 02:06:24 -0000

I always thought it was kind of iroic/cool that every race in the 40k
universe had it's vices and depending on your perspective the could
be described as evil. This is especially true from each races point
of view. It's easy to just assume that there are good and bad
groups. The humans are good and the aliens are nasty....WRONG. The
truth is that in the future, there is only war.

Mart Man
--- In netepic_at_y..., "Peter Ramos" <primarch_at_c...> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> No worries. I think you all have convinced me of adding a
disclaimer. It
> will save time and future anguish, its all good.
>
> Peter

counterstrike or
> >quake...)
> >i think a disclaimer is a good idea - why not ?
> >on the other hand sci-fi in generell has fascist elements...the 40k
> >galaxy is not only 100% nazi but also contents of gothic medieval
> >elements (middleage was fuckin brutal...), even of stalinism
(former
> >sovietunion)-elements - as a
> >mixture of a brutal system ruling the galaxy...
> >dont worry, i do not want to start a political discussion here
(wrong
> >place) - but sometimes i feel horrified when i see 12 year old
> >children in gw-stores with the steel-legion in therr hands...
> >...reflection is always good, and a disclaimer would demonstrate
that
> >this list is really cool, because (especially in germany after this
> >big, horrible shoolmassacre where 13 teachers were killed in
> >east-germany by a
> >pupil/student the whole public is dissing wargames in generell and
> >does not want to
> >understand that playing games like this must not lead to brutal
> >minds...
>
> The 40K universe is one of extreme brutality and suppression
>
> I am all for a disclaimer of sorts or a few words added in about
> historical
> similarities and that the game or its creators does not appreciate
nazi
> /
> suppressive communist ideals etc.
>
> NetEpic is just a game,and should stay that way.
>

> Weasel
>

> How many lives will be taken today?
> How many times will we just look away?
>
> Pennywise - One voice

> To unsubscribe send e-mail to: netepic-unsubscribe_at_e...

> Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

<http://rd.yahoo.com/M=194081.2053425.3521449.1829184/D=egroupweb/S=17
05
> 059081:HM/A=1036975/R=0/*http:/www.ediets.com/start.cfm?code=3225>