Re: [NetEpic ML] 5.0 review

From: Rune Karlsen <rune.karlsen6_at_...>
Date: Tue, 14 May 2002 11:19:33 +0200

Hi,

My point is that we arent changing NetEpic merely for the sake of change.
There are some who think that we try to change it for the better :)
Just because something works, it doesnt mean its fair either. Im no advocate
for change in this case, even though i tend to think that without change,
there
will be stagnation. You are of course intitled to your opinion that any
changes
made will make the game worse. The really hard part is deciding what will
make
the game better, and what will deteriorate it. Thats what we have
discussions for.
What id like to see in any discussions are reasons why it will be
better/worse.
Simply stating that they will be worse, because what we have now has been
tested
for so long isnt enough in my mind. Imagine the first bike if you will. It
worked,
you could ride around on it. Everybody who had a bike, were in essence
testing it.
If everybody were content with that bike, no new bikes would ever be made.
The
bikes today are a far cry from the first ones, and you'd be hard pressed to
find anyone
who thinks that the first bikes are better. Everything is a process, and as
history
shows us, any attempt to stop a process will just as likely help speed it
up. So,
constructive comments are in order. Why will this or that not work? Im not
trying
to sell my point of view, i understand that many people think differently
than i, and
that is a good thing. I just want to see more objectivity when discussing
rules. Feelings
should not be a part of any serious discussion, they merely cloud judgement.
This sounds
so easy in theory, but is probably one of the hardest things to do :)

Rune