RE: [NetEpic ML] 5.0 review

From: <nils.saugen_at_...>
Date: Tue, 14 May 2002 10:11:20 +0200

Hi,

To keep it lyrical:

Change is good when change is due,
change for the sake of change will make tomorrow blue!

I pride myself on having played most armies, I guess the only two armies I
haven't played is Nids and Squats (I've tried Necrons but not Slann). Nids
because the fluff doesn't appeal to me, Squats because I haven't had a
chance yet! (However, I've spent a lot of time developing a strategy for the
Squats, I'll have to borrow Eivinds squats for a game or two to test my
teories)

I cannot for my bare life find one single rule in the original GW armies
that is unfair! Eldar needs their freecards, Chaos needs their powers
represented by their cards, squats need their extra break point, Space
Marines needs to be allowed to use flyers etc. etc.

We have had great difficulties beating chaos here in Norway, but I'm sure it
can be done! However, to change the rules of an army just because I cant
beat it in a game would for me be the ultimate defeate! For instance I'd
rather spend the rest of my life fighting chaos within the boundaries
present today, than to change one single rule!

On the other hand we have had the developement Slann wich where the first
true NetEpic army, and it has been a difficult task indeed. In the beginning
I found the army utterly cheesy and wanted nothing to do with it. When I
realised it was here to stay, I chose to invest in the army myself(If you
can't beat them, join them!?!). Now I'm able to look at Slann both as a
player and an opponent as I am able to do for most of the other armies.
Thus, I find it difficult to find any rules that are utterly unfair!!!

Therefore I feel a great sadness for the future of NetEpic as I see changes
coming about that in my humble opinion will lower the quality of the game.

Just my 2 NOK

Nils
keeper of the past